Saturday 22 November 2008

findingaway


So how am I finding my way as a new minster? Well, if you ask my wife, she'll tell you (probably) that I work too hard but then she'll also tell you that I'm thoroughly enjoying every second. I love the people I meet and I am starting to glimpse what God already knows and that is the great potential we all have to share the Good News and see people changed through their relationship with a risen Jesus.
But I have to admit that I'm feeling the pressure especially with college work. I think I've taken on a bit too much work. At the moment I am writing one assignment, doing the reading for the pioneer work in January and trying hard to get my dissertation proposal in as well as leading up to Christmas and trying to make every service special and with an added 'something special'. It's not a straight road by any means. Yet, all this is really not worth mentioning compared to what Paul suffered for the Gospel (see 2 Cor 11:23-28) and I can't help feeling that a bit of perspective is good. How is it going? Absolutely marvellous!

No comments: