Thursday 6 November 2008

Come on in


Welcome to one of the warmest, friendliest places I know - my library. Herein reside the loveliest people - Alma, Wendy and Jude to name but a few - there are more! This library does more than issue books. It is physically warm and you always get a smile when you walk in. The staff provide a space for anyone to come in and enjoy the atmosphere. People turn up and are instantly adopted for the time they are there. In fact, they recently won a Kirklees award for customer excellence (no surprise). Their medal is on the window sill. Tomorrow I shall be there to drink in the atmosphere and the free coffee and tea they supply on Friday afternoons. It's a chance to sit and chat with friends - people you don't yet know - honest! I try to be there on Friday afternoons if I possibly can. See you there?

No comments: