Thursday 11 June 2009

centenary

I was invited by one of my schools recently to be at the centenary celebrations. In fact, I was asked to give a short talk which I readily agreed to. It was quite a big occasion with lots of old pupils/teachers attending.
It was a great time and although I messed up blessing the stone (I'll know the next time they ask me to the bicentenial celebration) it was a great. In my short address, I mentioned that the kids coming into the school were like sand brought in by the tide...you know, there's that time when the tide is neither coming in nor going out and that's where the sand is dropped to the sea bed, albeit momentarily. I likened this to the children resting in the safe environment of this very lovely school before they are taken off elsewhere. This is the stone that will be laid in the vestibule although I've not seen it yet.

No comments: