Tuesday 16 September 2008

A New Start


Hi, what follows will be my journal which will record the highs and lows of being a new Methodist minister. I've just finished the first part of my pre-ordination training and I've been placed in the Holmfirth Circuit in W Yorkshire. My hope is to record as accurately as possible (bearing in mind people's feelings) what it has been like to have pastoral charge of three churches and how together we manage mission. Coming from London (via North Derbyshire) I'll also be reflecting on the cultural differences - there have been many already! I hope you enjoy reading it. Please feel free to contact me about anything I mention and let me know what you think. Right now, my hope is that Jesus bursts out of the pages on our Bibles and we start to see him for who he really is - missional; incarnational and loving. Time will tell.

No comments: