Monday 24 January 2011

Wally

I had a dream.  Last night I dreamed I was a lift engineer.  I shan't say too much more or someone will analyse it and tell me I need a week in the sun due to stress etc.  However, it reminded me of Wally.  Wally was a friend I knew in Boys Brigade.  When I lost contact with him he was training to be a lift engineer.  I liked Wally because he was a sincere person.  When he was about 19 he believed that God was there but couldn't see him so he set off to find him.  He had a brand new Honda 250cc Super Dream so distance was no object and he went to every big Christian meeting he could to find God.  I thought he'd give up after 6 months of searching and not finding him but he didn't.  After about a year of travel across the country God was still elusive and he was feeling rather low.  However, he knew God was there somewhere and he persevered.  One day I heard that Wally had 'found God'.  Wally was never the same.  The last I heard he qualified as a lift engineer.  I lost touch when I moved away from London but Wally's searching for God has stayed with me.  He doggedly looked for what he could not see and touched the untouchable.  God does that. 

No comments: