Monday 20 April 2009


On Ash Wednesday I wondered whether Easter Sunday would ever arrive. Well, it did and now it's gone. Apparently yesterday was called 'Low Sunday' in the CofE. I'm not sure why, but it certainly felt flat. Easter was great. We did Tenebrae services in all three churches and even though one was in the day light, it worked well (I used a recording of a heart beat that slowed down to a stop which was quite powerful. I played the second half on Easter Sunday morning where the heart beat starts again If you'd like it, let me know and I'll send it. You can e mail me at revtim@btinternet.com). On Easter Sunday I did a baptism which was a very special privilege...absolutely brilliant. There were lots of people there who weren't familiar with church and I preached on trying not to understand the resurrection scientifically, but open up and experience it instead.
But yesterday was a tough time for me. It felt like an anticlimax and I was quite tired. What do you do when you are knackered and required to lead people onto week 2 of the most amazing event in world history? I did my best and confessed to people over a cup of coffee afterwards that I was a bit out of sorts - nobody seemed to realise and the service went well anyway. Shows how much I know! But back to normailty now. A busy week with lots to do; must find time for God again.

No comments: